So while we have had a few here and there this season, 23rd St. btwn 6th/7th Ave had T…E…N last night mid block! Two broods w/ moms showing of the eateries along our wonderful street. Anyone else out there? If so, post below or e-mail us.
So a reminder to everyone, and I know we are all MUCH BETTER than years past:
- Bag all of your garbage before putting it into the can
- Rinse all of your recycling (obviously not paper, but clean off them pizza boxes, yo!) before putting into the can
- Make sure the can lids are locked. Don’t have locking lids? Get a can that does (or ask your landlord).
- If so see trash on the sidewalk or in front of your building, pick it up and put it where it belongs…in a can.
- If you are out at night and see them, MAKE NOISE. They need to be afraid of us humans (and a broomin’ doesn’t hurt either).
Common sense stuff, but gives the critters less to attract them to our lovely households and have them forage as naturally as possible.
And then we all can coexist as best as possible.